William J. Schlotz, DDS
Dentist in Saint Louis, MOPlaza Health Dentistry
Philosophy of Practice
Dr. William J. Schlotz provides Ultra-Conservative, Minimally Invasive Dental Care using state-of-the-art technology and techniques. His goal is to ensure a comfortable, quick and affordable office visit. Dr. Schlotz's aim is to treat each and every patient as he would his own family; stressing non-invasive, quality care delivered with the utmost integrity.
Dr. Schlotz also firmly believes in offering a patient education that is "second to none" including the presentation of multiple treatment options leading to the very positive consequence of a true INFORMED CONSENT for dental care. Sadly, Dr. Schlotz feels these principles of care are not shared by many dental offices, even in 2010.
Family & Personal
Dr. William J. Schlotz is married and has 3 sons. His wife of 28 years, Kim, also helps out at the practice at the front desk. Their boys... John, Kyle and Britton have varying interests, but all of them have chosen College upon graduation from Kirkwood High School.
John is a recent graduate of Hope College, Holland MI. and is enrolled at UMKC School of Dentistry for the upcoming fall of 2010 class. Kyle is a senior at Truman State University. Britton is a Freshman at Auburn University.
Dr. Schlotz enjoys virtually anything sports-related. He is most especially a passionate follower of baseball, football, tennis and golf. Unfortunately (for him), he is a unrepentant CUB fan. Fortunately, this does not mean that he is anti-Cardinal. In fact, when the Cubs inevitably play their way out of contention, he can be seen proudly wearing Cardinal red.
Dr. Schlotz is a Christian and attends GreenTree Church in Kirkwood, MO.
Education & Training
- 1976 High School Diploma -- Minnetonka High School; Minnetonka, MN
- 1980 Bachelor's of Science Degree -- DePauw University; Greencastle, IN.
- 1985 DDS Degree -- College of Dentistry at the University of Illinois; Chicago, IL.
- 1985 - 1988 -- US Naval Dental Corps Residency; Camp LeJeune, N.C. - Significant training and experience in the areas of Oral Surgery, Endodontics & Restorative Dentistry while serving as a Naval Officer in the U.S. Navy
- 1989 -- Non-Surgical Monitored, Modulated Periodontal Treatment (using Microscope) for enhanced Periodontal Disease Diagnosis and Treatment Protocol - International Dental Health Foundation
- 2003 -- Mini-Implant Surgical Placement Certification - IMTEC Corporation
- 2005 -- Advanced Implant Placement Surgery Certification PCC Institute (affiliation w/ Gordon Christensen new Scottsdale Center for Dentistry and Clinical Research Associates CRA)
- 2006 -- LANAP Laser Periodontal Therapy License (only FDA approved Laser treatment protocol for the re-growth of bone tissue)
- 2006 -- Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry Certification
- 2006 -- Invisalign (Invisible Braces) Certification
- 2007 -- Computer Guided 3-D Dental Implant Surgery - Implant Logic Systems
- 2007 -- Perio Protect Non-Surgical Gum Treatment Certification
- 2007 -- DOCs - Dental Organization for CONSCIOUS SEDATION (Oral Sedation) Certificate Trainnig
Certification/Professional Memberships (both past & present)
- Member, American Dental Association (ADA)
- Member, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- Member, Missouri Dental Association (MDA)
- Member, Greater St. Louis Dental Society (GSLDS)
- Member, World Congress of Minimally Invasive Dentistry (WCMID)
- Member, Dentists for Oral Conscious Sedation (DOCS)
- Member, International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
- Site Certification, State of Missouri, Deep Sedation/ General Anesthesia for Plaza Health Dentistry
- Certification, State of Missouri, Oral Conscious Sedation Dentistry