Cost Sensitivity at PHD
Save Money while Retaining an Optimal Level of Dentistry
Just because we at Plaza Health Dentistry strive to perform an exceptionally high quality of dentistry don't think that we’re insensitive to dental health costs. To the contrary, we routinely create treatment plans that scale down treatment costs by 50% or more obtained from other dental offices. We employ multiple strategies to keeps fees reasonable for our patients.
- Treatment OPTIONS (Best - Better - Good) ... Our goal is to significantly improve you oral health. Because of the years of training and expertise gained in multiple treatment disciplines, Dr Schlotz is able to offer multiple treatment options for virtually every involved dental case. Be aware when a dental office says only "you need a crown" -- and doesn't even offer any other treatment option (because almost always there is another very good way to go - maybe even a better way to go for you!).
For instance ...
- a CROWN, which we do very few of, involves the 360 degree top-to-bottom removal (cutting) of tooth structure. At PHD we offer ONLAYs as the treatment of choice for most cracked teeth. The cutting is more precise and much less. The restoration is then "bonded" in place like a puzzle piece to replicate very closely human enamel. Chances of future root canal treatment with an Onlay over a Crown has been documented over and over (less "stressing-out" of the nerve of the tooth).
- Also, to delay the expense of a Crown or Onlay we offer an "enhanced" Build-Up Procedure (carrying 1/3 the fee)
- PHASE-IN Treatment (over time) ... Dr Schlotz creatively (and consultatively with you) will employ techniques to spread out treatment over time (thus enabling better Insurance benefits). We love to provide this empathetic and resourceful style of treatment planning. And it is much appreciated by our patients.
- State-of-the-Art Technology (eg. Minimally Invasive Implants, Single-Visit Crown/Onlays and Laser Gum Treatment) that carry reduced fees ...
For instance ... Laser Gum Treatments are a Minimally Invasive way of treating gum disease ... with a much reduced fee from the gold standard of conventional suture & scapel type gum surgery with a specialist in gum disease. A fee reduction of 50% is commonly seen.
- Insurance "Out-of-Network" Benefits ... We help to maximize their benefits using our experience and know-how. Even though we don’t believe in the “Speed Dentistry” likely required of HMO-driven practices … We regularly provide Optimal Dental Care to our patients using “out-of-network” benefits – and still saving them significantly.
Our belief system is summarized thusly ... We offer high quality with reasonable fees with treatment options to fit all budgets. Rest assured, however, we won't lower our standards with fast, cheap dentistry. Rapid fire dental care doesn't save patients any money in the long run - as much of this type of treatment breaks down very quickly (we re-treat many mistakes borne of speed).